Stainless steel hardware secures the amplifier and pole sockets. The cabinet is finished in an extremely rugged, black polyurethane coating. The drivers are protected by a black powder-coated, perforated steel grill. A decorative aluminum faceplate is available in several designs. Customized grills are also an option.
The DJ112 is extremely compact, with a tremendous amount of power and output capacity jammed into a very small space.
Almost the entire front surface of the loudspeaker is radiating area and the tiny enclosure houses a 1500W amplifier and a comprehensive DSP.
The amplifier consists of 2 channels with a total of 1500W. The amplifier features a universal automatic voltage selection, regulated switch mode power supply with Power Factor Correction along with a 0.5W standby current draw. It also provides superior control with a high damping of >10000:1 from the class D output topology.
The on-board DSP features high-pass and low pass filters, phase alignment processing, equalization and multiple limiter functions. There are 4 presets available within the DSP which allow the speaker to be tailored to suit the environment and application.
All the processing necessary for linear frequency response and phase coherent operation are pre-programmed into the DSP. With the comprehensive processing built in, BASSBOSS loudspeakers provide the ease of plug-and-play operation and the peace of mind that comes from knowing that the multiple limiter systems make to system virtually indestructible.
Co-Axial driver, featuring a Neodymium motor structure for the highest efficiency to weight ratio.
The LF and HF drivers share a common magnet structure to save space and weight and feature 3″ diameter voice coils. The HF compression driver exits through a 1.4″ diameter throat, down a machined aluminum horn, through an acoustically transparent dust cap. The coverage pattern is 80 degrees conical. The woofer coil is copper, and the compression driver voice coil is aluminum.
High-intensity Neodymium magnets are lighter to provide higher efficiency. The result is a lighter and louder cabinet. Co-axially aligned drivers allow the cabinet frontal area to be much smaller than a conventional loudspeaker to provide a more coherent acoustical point source, resulting in more consistent sound quality regardless of the listener’s position.
The cones are waterproofed to protect them from possible, accidental exposure to moisture such as rain or spilled beverages. Waterproofed woofer cones also permit the cleaning of drivers that have been soiled in a dirty or dusty environment with the use of a damp cloth. Keep the amplifiers dry and party on!
Waterproofed cones in all products. Optional weatherized and weather resistant loudspeakers have the same acoustical performance as our standard options. If your system is likely to be exposed to rain, ask about IP rated amplification options. If you have need of a system for outdoor installation, ask about Weatherized products.
BASSBOSS speakers can be connected directly to your mixer with nothing but signal cable in between. The built-in processing is comprehensive and includes all necessary high-pass and low-pass filters along with equalization and phase alignment processing to ensure coherent response when deployed with BASSBOSS subwoofers.
There is no need for any additional EQ in the signal path for the speaker to provide a broad, flat frequency response. Sophisticated DSP programming ensures the speakers deliver consistent sound quality no matter the input level.
Plug-and play with peace of mind. Multiple, sophisticated protection systems make the loudspeaker virtually indestructible. You can turn on and turn up, all night, without fear of over-driving to the point of damage.
BASSBOSS technical specs are based upon measurements of continuous performance capabilities in normal usage. Other manufacturers may specify output based on calculations rather than measurements; measurements outside the operating bandwidth; or on ‘Burst’ or ‘Peak’ readings.
BASSBOSS specifications are conservative compared to most manufacturers. They reflect what the products will achieve, consistently, in the real world. Since the real world is where you’ll be using your gear.
- Loudspeaker description: 12 inch co-axial, bi-amplified, self-powered micromain and monitor
- Frequency response: (+-3 dB) 80-18,000 Hz
- Maximum sustained output: 124 dB SPL
- Short-term peak output: 130 dB
- Nominal dispersion: (°H x °V) 80 x 80 conical
- Amplifier: 1500 W - two channel powersoft class D amplifier
- DSP: Integrated comprehensive DSP for HP, LP, EQ and limiting
- Electrical connector, amplifier: Neutrik PowerCon input only
- Electrical connector, mains: NEMA5-16 (Edison) or PowerCon loop through jumper for use above subwoofer on request
- Voltage operating range: 95-250V auto-switching universal power supply
- Current draw, nominal: 3.6A @120V, 2.2A @240V
- Signal input connector: XLR-F
- Signal output connector: XLR-M pass-through only
- Controls: rotary level control with adjustment from off to +12dB, push-button preset select
- Display: LEDs for power/ready, signal, clip and protect. LED indicating selected preset
- Enclosure type: 2-way mid-high. direct radiating vented 12" LF, co-axial horn-loaded HF
- Transducer LF: 1 x 12" diameter (300 mm) neodymium motor woofer with 3" (76mm) copper winding voice coil
- Transducer HF: 1 x 3" (76mm) diaphragm compression driver on 1.4" throat concentrically mounted wave guide
- Cabinet construction: 15 mm baltic birch plywood
- Dimensions: 14" x 14" x 11.5" / 35.5cm x 35.5cm x 29cm (H x W x D)
- Net weight: 30 lbs
- Shipping weight: 36 lbs
- Exterior finish: Weatherproof bonded high-pressure polyurethane
- Grill: CNC cut 1/8" aluminum over black perforated, powder-coated steel