The cabinet is shaped to counteract standing wave reflections as well as provide the ideal down-angle orientation for optimum audience coverage.
The amplifier consists of 2 channels with a total of 3,000W.
The amplifier features extremely high dynamic power capacity, with 150 Volts peak output per channel, along with high damping of >10000:1 Efficient, PFC power supply and class D output topology.
The DV12 provides high output and uniform energy dispersion over a very wide and deep sound field. The cabinets are vertically arrayable in pairs, with the pairs offering coherent high-frequency summing for extended projection (aka throw), a tightened vertical dispersion pattern and no loss of horizontal dispersion or the “comb filtering” associated with conventional side-by-side arraying.
The DV series is ideal for DJs and sound system providers who need the ability to scale between two smaller systems and one larger system. The seamless coupling feature of the DV12s makes them much more versatile than any other choice on the market because they offer the extremely wide 120-degree horizontal coverage whether using one or two per side AND the choice of tighter, the same, or expanded vertical coverage when using two per side. When you expand to own more than one pair of DV12s, you can use them in multiple rooms, on separate gigs, or seamlessly coupled to serve much larger rooms.
The vented cabinet features a 12″ woofer with a 1.4″ throat compression driver on a 120 degree by 20 degree isophasic wave guide. Ultra-wide horizontal coverage of 120 degrees helps to provide consistent, intelligible coverage to audience areas that are to the far left and right, outside the coverage of ordinary portable loudspeakers.
This extremely wide coverage is made possible through the use of a line-array waveguide. Along with the vertical alignment of the drivers, this helps to constrain vertical coverage to a nominal 20 degrees. The tight vertical pattern provides more consistent coverage over greater distances and minimizes ceiling and floor reflections, enhancing intelligibility.
The woofer cones are waterproofed. BASSBOSS cabinets are safe to use outdoors where they may encounter rain, in nightclubs where drinks may be spilled on them, or in dusty environments that may leave the drivers needing a thorough cleaning.
The cones are waterproofed to protect them from possible, accidental exposure to moisture such as rain or spilled beverages. Waterproofed woofer cones also permit the cleaning of drivers that have been soiled in a dirty or dusty environment with the use of a damp cloth. Keep the amplifiers dry and party on!
Waterproofed cones in all products. Optional weatherized and weather resistant loudspeakers have the same acoustical performance as our standard options. If your system is likely to be exposed to rain, ask about IP rated amplification options. If you have need of a system for outdoor installation, ask about Weatherized products.
BASSBOSS speakers can be connected directly to your mixer with nothing but signal cable in between. The built-in processing is comprehensive and includes all necessary high-pass and low-pass filters along with equalization and phase alignment processing to ensure coherent response when deployed with BASSBOSS subwoofers.
There is no need for any additional EQ in the signal path for the speaker to provide a broad, flat frequency response. Sophisticated DSP programming ensures the speakers deliver consistent sound quality no matter the input level.
Plug-and play with peace of mind. Multiple, sophisticated protection systems make the loudspeaker virtually indestructible. You can turn on and turn up, all night, without fear of over-driving to the point of damage.
The processing features presets allow it to run in several configurations. The first is full range mode, with response down to 45Hz (-3dB) The other presets allow the DV12 to be integrated with various types and sizes of subwoofers. Each preset has a specific high-pass filter frequency, input sensitivity, high and low frequency limiter setting and subwoofer alignment processing — as follows:
Preset 1:Stand-alone Full-Range Operation. 40Hz high-pass filter. Recommended for use when no sub is available. Peak output is restricted to prevent low frequencies damaging the loudspeaker.
Preset 2: Intermediate Stand-Alone setting, 60Hz high-pass. Recommended for use with a single sub or when subwoofers are separated from DV12s, such as when subs are center-placed.
Preset 3: Intermediate High-Output setting. 80Hz high-pass. Recommended for use when single subwoofers are co-located with the DV12s, such as if the DV12s are on a speaker pole above a subwoofer or on a tripod adjacent to a subwoofer.
Preset 4: Maximum SPL Setting, 100Hz high-pass. Recommended for use when outdoors, in larger venues and/or when multiple or larger subwoofers are co-located with the DV12s.
Presets 2, 3 and 4 allow the DV12s to be combined with various subwoofer configurations and allow the sound to be tailored to different environments. It is recommended to listen to the appropriate presets in each new setting and choose the one that works best in that environment.
DV12 Arrayed Pairs: The DV12s can be arrayed in pairs, with the second cabinet inverted above the first. Any preset can be chosen provided both cabinets are set to the same preset and the gains are matched. Optional hardware is required to attach the two boxes together. The hardware allows for adjustment of the total vertical coverage of the array. The DV12 is also equipped with a power pass-through facility that allows two boxes to be connected on a single power source. An optional PowerCON jumper cable is available for this purpose. Using the signal and power pass-through connectors allows the minimum number of cables to be run to the array.
BASSBOSS technical specs are based upon measurements of continuous performance capabilities in normal usage. Other manufacturers may specify output based on calculations rather than measurements; measurements outside the operating bandwidth; or on ‘Burst’ or ‘Peak’ readings.
BASSBOSS specifications are conservative compared to most manufacturers. They reflect what the products will achieve, consistently, in the real world. Since the real world is where you’ll be using your gear.
- Loudspeaker Description: Wide dispersion compact full-range speaker
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 45 – 19,000 Hz
- Maximum Sustained Output (Full-Range): 120 dB SPL, 1m, 2pi, half-space
- Maximum Sustained Output (Satellite-Mode): 126 dB SPL, 1m, 2pi, half-space
- Nominal Dispersion (H° x V°): 120 x 20
- Amplification: 3000 Watt 2 Channel Powersoft Class D Amplifier
- Processing: Integrated comprehensive DSP provides high pass, low pass, equalization, phase alignment and limiting
- Electrical Connectors, Amplifier: Neutrik powerCON Input (Blue) NAC3FCA, Neutrik powerCON Through (Grey) NAC3FCA
- Electrical Connector, Mains: Standard US 3-pin 120V electrical plug: NEMA 5-15 (Edison)
- Voltage Operating Range: 90-250V. Auto-sensing, auto-switching, PFC universal power supply.
- Current Draw, Nominal: 600 W, 5A @ 120 volts (typical, 1/8 max power)
- Signal Input Connector: XLR-F
- Signal Output Connector: XLR-M (pass-through only)
- Enclosure Type: 2-way mid-high. Vented LF section, horn-loaded HF section
- Transducer (Low Frequency): 1 x 12 in. diameter (304 mm) neodymium motor woofer with 4 in. (101 mm) aluminum winding voice coil
- Transducer (High Frequency): 1 x 2.5″ (64mm) diaphragm compression driver on 1.4 in. throat isophasic wave guide
- Cabinet Construction: 15 mm Baltic Birch plywood. Equipped with 2 handles. Includes 4 internally braced fly points and a 35mm pole socket mount
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 24.5 in. x 14.5 in. x 17 in.
- Net Weight: 61 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 66 lbs
- Exterior Finish: Rugged, weatherproof, black textured, bonded high-pressure polyurethane coating
- Grill: Perforated, powder-coated steel
- Pole Sockets: 1 (35 mm)
- Handles: 2 Integrated Handles